NE 8th Avenue
Miami, Florida 33161
Telephone: (305) 981-6774
North Miami Adult Educational Center provides a Child Care
Program in order to meet the needs of our students with
children. Students can bring their children to the campus each
school day and be assured that their sons and daughters are
nearby and receiving great care in a loving and nurturing
- Pick-up the child care enrollment packet and
insurance form from Ms. Michelle Gilles in room
- Completely fill out and submit the child
care application, the insurance application and
fee (money order only), and return them to Ms.
Michelle Gilles in room 2133.
- Request Ms. Gilles to schedule a meeting
with the Assistant Principal, Dr. Todd S.
Meiklejohn to review your application and
paperwork prior to program entry.
NO CHILD IS ALLOWED ENTRY
INTO THE PROGRAM WITHOUT ALL COMPLETED
PAPERWORK AND ADMINISTRATIVE APPROVAL.
Download Child Care
Download the Child Care Program registration
CHILD CARE PROGRAM RULES
- Children must be between the ages of 3 and
- All required paperwork must be filled out,
fees paid, and your application must be approved
by Dr. Meiklejohn prior to entry.
- This program is only for the age appropriate
children of students currently registered at the
North Miami Adult Education Center.
- Only the adult parent/guardian can register
a child for the child care program.
- Child Care services are only offered
Monday-Thursday between the hours of 3:00 pm and
- The child care program is closed on all
official School Board holidays and teacher work
- The parent/guardian is responsible for
picking up their child on-time and dropping them
off to the program every day.
- A non-refundable insurance fee is required
prior to your child’s enrollment in the child
- The child care program does not provide
meals for your child/children and children are
not allowed to bring food to the child care
- If your child is on any type of medication,
it must be disclosed prior to program entry. The
staff does not administer medication, nor are
they responsible for administering or monitoring
medication(s) that your child may be prescribed.
- This school may terminate your child’s
enrollment in the program effective immediately,
if any of the following conditions arise:
a. In the judgment of school administration,
your child’s behavior threatens the physical or
health of other children in the program and cannot be
b. Your child brings a weapon, or drugs to the
program, or violates a School Board Policy that
requires immediate removal from School Board property;
c. Your child is picked up late more than (2)
days in any 30-day period; or
d. Your child is ill when brought to the child
care (2) times; or
e. The parent fails to pick up a sick child
promptly more than (2) times within any 30-day
F. Jason Glasford
Superintendent of Schools
Mr. Alberto M. Carvalho